Friday, August 2, 2013

IS THIS ALL YOU HAVE ON ALEX RODRIGUEZ, BUD SELIG?


For me, it all really started to get me riled up when Selig went on David Letterman and told the baseball world the he knew Alex Rodriguez's fate... and everyone of us had no idea what he was talking about, but he reminded us of being on the playground at age 7 and that bratty girl in pigtails would look at you, point and yell, "I know who likes you! I know who likes you!" You're helpless, and you want answers, but that stupid girl with pigtails is mocking you... and you want to scream.  Guess what? Bud Selig is that little bitch in pigtails.  I hate that crap, it's spineless.


I found that moment to be low rent and shame on Selig, because if you think about it, this is the same guy who I believe turned a blind eye on the rampant drug use in baseball when the sport was dying out after the 1994 strike. Why? Because money talks and people were coming back to the stadiums to see home runs.  And now, years later, after he's been exposed for failing to "really" drop the hammer on drug use in baseball, he's decided that before he leaves as commissioner, he's going to be the "guy who cleaned up baseball."  As Chet said in Weird Science (1:11)... "What a joke!"



Look, we all know Alex is no saint at this point. We all know his name was on a piece of paper with 19 other names in baseball  that was collected from a Biogenesis clinic in Miami. But that's all we DO know. I've been hesitant here at BYB and you really haven't seen me jump on the "AFraud" bandwagon. I was hesitant to jump on the "Braun cheated" bandwagon too, until Ryan Braun admitted it.


Speculation sucks with this stuff because all we're doing is guessing.  "When is it going to happen?" "When is ARod going to be banned for life?" How about we wait. I'm seriously not in the business of putting Alex's name in the headlines so you guys read me 350 times in an 6 hour period. Clicks don't excite me when I don't know the facts. I'd like to think we have some kind of journalist integrity here, unlike ESPN who yesterday wrote this headline under an interview with Andrew Marchand drooling as he stared over a Tampa fence watching ARod field baseballs.


Look at this! Calm down ESPN. All that headline says is "Just keep watching us a we'll continue to tell you absolutely nothing after he's not suspended today. We'll just keep you hanging... BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS!" Again, just calm down. Sure, it's tabloid at this point, but no one is learning anything...NO ONE! All we're watching is Alex in a fishbowl... And guess what, he's been in a fishbowl since he signed that huge contract with Texas. Again... Nothing new.

Craig Calcaterra of Hardball Talk, my hero, says it best in his piece HERE, " Is Major League Baseball going to show us what it has on Alex Rodriguez?  I feel like it has to at some point, don’t you?" You know what? I do. It all goes back to that girl on the playground... don't hang something over my head, tell me.  Sure, it's Alex's business, if they want to keep it private with Alex alone, then do it, but that goes back to what I said; Don't go on national television and tell the world you're going to punish a player without telling the fans who pay his salary what it is... again... low rent Bud, you're despicable.


If something happens with Alex, we will bring it to you, but do me a favor, please! If you read Bleeding Yankee Blue, and I know many do, don't email me articles and post on my Facebook page numerous stories about Alex Rodriguez that, besides the title, are exactly the same.  READ THE ARTICLE.  You're smarter than that.  What we have all read in the past week and a half is the same story recycled by every news service and the only difference is, they put a different title on it. This drives traffic for them, and they are banking on you NOT READING THE PIECE. Well, they've succeeded.
"This is what we know about Alex Rodriguez: MLB has something on Alex. What it is, we don't know.  Alex might appeal. He has that right.  MLB might suspend Alex for a whole lot of games, OR for life, but I am still not sure how that works... it almost seems like Selig is making it up as he goes along.  We also know that there are several other players on this list, not just Alex.   That's it. " --BleedingYankeeBlue.com
If you want to cut and paste that paragraph and credit me on another site or Facebook or Twitter, go for it, because I just summed it up for you... there is nothing new. So stop with the bandwagon BS, and let the damn thing play out... these stories bore me and they should bore you too by now. 

That's my take... enjoy your Friday and your weekend you BYB freaks! Oh and if you received your BYB Shirts and wristbands, Take pictures and send them to us and we'll get you on Bleeding Yankee Blue!

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017