Sunday, June 9, 2013

I'D SIGN JON GARLAND TO A MINOR LEAGUE DEAL

Yeah, I know, Jon Garland used to be good and he's not really now, but I'd take a chance on him. Why, do you ask? Because the Colorado Rockies have apparently designated him for assignment, and, according to the Denver Post, that decision ended "his tenure with the club, according a major league source", read HERE.

Garland is a career 135-126, 4,37 ERA pitcher.  He's a righty, he's 33, and while he struggled with the Rockies compiling a 5.82 ERA in 68 innings pitched, I'd try and bring him into our minor league system and see if he has something left in the tank. 
No doubt the jury is still out on Phil Hughes and who knows if the Yankees are truly serious about David Phelps starting, but the way I see it, it's the time to start stock piling pitching, because you never know what's around the corner with Yankee pitching and you know as well as I that something seems to always happen around August.  Hey, we tried with Chien-Ming Wang, right?

I once wrote about Jon Garland being a good alternative pitcher for the 2011 rotation. I went back and found that piece.  It's a riot to read a few years later by the way. Check out WHY I KNOW THE 2011 YANKEES ROTATION.

Look, all I'm saying is... why not? Roll the dice on a minor league deal if you can work out the kinks. Who knows... 

Hey, enjoy your Sunday everyone... Go Yanks!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017