Monday, April 1, 2013

STRANGE FACES, BUT THE SAME MISSION...WIN!


Opening day didn't seem like a normal opening day.  The game seemed uneventful and the faces on the Yankees seemed like bad casting from an old film or something.  There was no Derek Jeter. There was no Curtis Granderson or Mark Teixeira or Alex Rodriguez... It was mad strange.

I love baseball and I love my Yankees.  That's why we made that tribute video opening up the 2013 season.  Here it is again:


Inspirational right? But the point is, we have been so spoiled for years now watching our Yankees win, our familiar faces and leaders winning for so long... and today? Well, it was a miss.  I'm not mad, I'm not thrilled... I'm fair. It is what it is.  I also doesn't help that the Yankees lost to the Red Sox. You never want to lose to a division rival in the regular season. You want to win every game against them because it only helps your cause. We didn't.

Now, in fairness, CC Sabathia lost and he always starts slow. That's just him, but it almost seemed like this group of misfits couldn't get into a rhythm. It almost looked like they just were one step behind the Red Sox. Plus... it was boring as hell and if you add that into the mix of just not getting hits in clutch moments, well... that's not the way to play the game.

Ironically, the one guy that half of Yankee fans don't care for, Francisco Cervelli... he actually knocked in 2 runs, the only 2 we scored all day.  Hopefully that continues for him.  You know the guy's thrilled about being a starting catcher for the New York Yankees.  I do wonder if starting Chris Stewart for CC would have helped with the Monster's performance... but you can't go back.

Yup, the Yankees lost today 8-2.  It's game 1. We have 161 to go.  Don't get crazy about this one, but start to get crazy if we lose games to rivals in the AL East.  That alone will blow you out of the playoffs and I don't care if it's April or September... those games definitely count.

Finally let me say this... this is 1 game, the first game. I don't want to hear from Yankee fans that it's all over.  I don't want to hear doom and gloom.  The confidence is there... it's the sync that's off... that's it.  We have a ton of games to go to get that sync right... don't panic, not yet at least.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017