Sunday, April 7, 2013

SMOKIN' ACES

CC Sabathia was awesome.  So was Jayson Nix and Francsico Cervelli.  Dear, Jayson, I will never doubt your contribution to this club again! Thanks for proving me wrong. (If you don't know what I mean, read EDUARDO NUNEZ, JAYSON NIX & I'M PSYCHIC.)

I'm not going to go crazy here, because we're the Yankees, wins are expected, but this was big.  First off, the pitching was great and the bridge to Mo continued.  Sabathia went 7 innings and allowed 4 hits and no runs. He struck out 4.  After that, David Robertson came in and pitched great. Yes, he allowed 2 hits in the 1 inning of work, but no runs.  I'll take that... it's why we call him Houdini. Mariano Rivera then came in and shut the door. Boom!

Ichiro Suzuki was back in the lineup.  I still don't understand why Joe Girardi is going with Brett Gardner to lead off, but whatever.  Suzuki batted 7th and went 1-4 with an RBI and a run scored.  Bottom line, we need this guy in the lineup and the faster the Yankees realize that, the better we will be. Trust me on this.


Jayson Nix homered today and had 2 RBIs and 3 hits. The dude was on fire. Again, I take it back.  Francisco Cervelli was 2-4.  Don't look now Cervelli haters... Frankie is batting .308 this year.  He's becoming a leader and all he ever needed was a chance.

Overall, a well played shutout by the Yankees today. They did a number on Justin Verlander and the Tigers pitching and I'm proud of them.  Detroit is has a sick lineup... it was no easy task... good for them!

Final today: Yankees 7 - Tigers 0.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017