Friday, April 5, 2013

GUESS WHERE VLADIMIR GUERRERO JUST SIGNED...

I thought maybe a major league club would have given Vladimir Guerrero a shot. I thought maybe they'd work him in the minors, or maybe they'd give him a Major League deal for 1 season just to utilize that bat of his. Kind of like we did with Travis Hafner.  Even when Vlad was looking for work, I thought maybe the Yankees would have rolled the dice on him this off season. They didn't, and apparently no one else did either.

Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, HERE, says that Vlad apparently turned down offers to play in Quebec and even Taiwan to play for the Long Island Ducks and that's where he signed a deal. 

Vlad's plan? To get back to the major leagues and he hopes signing with the Ducks will get him there.  Guerrero says: "I grew up with the Montreal Expos and played there for almost 10 years... The fans [in Quebec] are my friends. However, my ultimate goal is to make it back to the major leagues and attempt to reach 500 home runs as soon as possible."

I like that. Hey, I never had a bad thing to say about Vlad, I wish the guy well. I'd love to see him back in the pros and I'd love to see him hit 500 homers.  He's currently at 449.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017