Saturday, April 6, 2013

DESPERATE TIMES, DESPERATE MEASURES

Well, let me ask you a question, and be honest. If there were a bunch of pitchers in a room and Phil Hughes who was recovering from a bulging disk injury was one of the options... would you really call on him to help dig you out of a 1-3 losing record in the first week of the season? I wouldn't.

I am baffled more and more every day by the strange moves the Yankees are making just to keep this Yankee club afloat.  I am seriously confused.  That being said... good for Phil Hughes to be able to get a chance here sooner than expected.  It turns out that the Yankees have chosen Phil Hughes to start today in Detroit.  Read about it HERE.

Wally Matthews of ESPN writes: "Hughes, on the DL due to a bulging disk in his upper back, had been slated to start Saturday for the Yankees' Triple-A affiliate, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, but was scratched Friday night. General manager Brian Cashman confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com via text message that Hughes would join the team in Detroit on Saturday."


Are you following this so far? Because I am not. Hughes hasn't even pitched this spring in a live game.  He was on the DL most of the Spring... so the question is, how the hell does he qualify as the guy that's going to turn this season around, or are we just filling holes for the sake of filling them?

Now look, if Phil does well, I will bow to him and I'll buy Cashman flowers or something, but I can't for the life of me understand why this was the call they made.  Can you?

You know me... you know I am a Brian Cashman fan... but how the hell do you explain this one? Speak up Cash, we're listening! Help us understand, because we don't right now.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017