Wednesday, March 27, 2013

THE YANKS JUST PLUCKED ANOTHER PITCHER OFF WAIVERS

The Yankees have claimed Sam Demel off waivers from the Houston Astros. Read about it HERE.  When they claimed Demel, they had to give someone up... so what did they do? They released Dan Otero, the same Dan Otero they claimed off waivers from the San Francisco Giants yesterday (read HERE)... I'm not kidding.

According to MLB.com, Demel "owns a 4-4 record with two saves and a 4.95 ERA (63 2/3 innings, 35 earned runs) in 72 Major League relief appearances with the D-backs from 2010-12."

(In Photo: Eli Whiteside)
I can only wonder what happens next... maybe tomorrow the Yankees will claim Eli Whiteside off waivers and release Sam Demel.

That's about right... I kid... I kid.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017