Tuesday, October 9, 2012

REVIEWING MY ALEX RODRIGUEZ RIPPING

So let's review, because I'm disappointed in what unfolded today in Yankeeland. Attacks and disgust geared toward me about my recent piece titled THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD'S ON ALEX RODRIGUEZ. These attacks were silly and uncalled for.  What the hell did I do? I spoke the truth, that's it.

Look, anyone who knows Bleeding Yankee Blue knows that I have been a cheerleader for Alex Rodriguez for years. I love the guy so don't mix up my frustration or couple it with lack of talent or hate toward him. That couldn't be further from the truth.  If you think for a second that I hate the guy, you're misguided and should check my BYB archive. I'm sappy over the dude, but my point was a simple one; "Stop the over thinking", "Stop the guessing" and get back to basics... Hit.
Now, to be clear because certain readers like to twist my words, Alex Rodriguez didn't lose that game last night in Baltimore (Read HERE.) The Yankees did. Yup, the RISP Ghost showed up and the errors helped lose it too. We need to get those runs in, and we didn't. That being said, I read something today on Twitter in a less than stellar attempt to try and defend Alex in last night's game. They wrote that if "Robert Andino missed that ball", in reference to that first inning double play where Derek Jeter was forced off second, Alex "would have been a hero." Well, simple minds would suggest this as wishful thinking. I mean, sure, if Andino missed it, fate would have been changed. That's pretty obvious if you're a Monday Morning Quarterback...but Andino didn't miss it.  Did the Yankees lose because of that double play? No, that's just good baseball, that's it. No, the Yankees beat themselves last night.

Alex Rodriguez is my boy, and my point in my piece was clear, at least I thought so; Alex needs to snap out of it, or the Yankees need to figure out what to do next...either move him down in the order or trade him, or, let him ride the bench. Whatever the case, if you as an employee don't do the job for your employer, something usually happens to that employee...  that's a life thing.
I just want Alex to contribute, he's such a talent and we all know what he's capable of. I just wish those moments would happen already! I'm tired of hearing that ARod is having "good" at bats "lately".  What the hell does that mean? Does it mean that he's swinging through the ball better on a strikeout? Look, I broke this down; In these 2 ALDS games, here are Alex's numbers: 1-9 with 5 strikeouts.  Now, in the postseason, all years included, Alex is just a .271 hitter.  Also, look at this... In the postseason as a Yankee, Alex has struck out 52 times in just over 200 at bats. Sure these are stats that really mean nothing, but the point is, he needs to shake the funk, now!

So to Alex, I have much respect for you, I am just a frustrated fan who wants you to succeed. To the writers and "tweeters" who are ARod loyalists, Hey, join the club. I'm right there with you, but I am NOT gonna sit here and act like everything is going great with Alex when it's not. Sure, I could have been nicer, but I wanted to make a point with that Alex piece (HERE again); We need you buddy and we're losing patience waiting for you to contribute.

Oh and Go Yanks!!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017