Saturday, October 20, 2012

RED SOX HIRE A NEW MANAGER

Sean McAdam of Comcast Sportsnet just Tweeted that the Red Sox have infact hired John Farrell to be their new manager. You can read his Tweet HERE.
Farrell was  the manager of the Toronto Blue Jays since 2011 and was a former coach for the Red Sox.  The only thing I'd like to add to this is the fact that Tony Pena also interviewed for the Red Sox job, read HERE.  Selfishly, I'm glad he didn't get it, I love Pena on the Yankees staff. Truth be told, he's a smart baseball mind and sooner or later, Pena will leave us for a big job somewhere else.

Anyway, back to the Farrell deal. The deal is supposed to be a multi-year deal and there is an announcement coming soon, according to McAdam.

Look, do we care? No, the Red Sox need more than John Farrell right now, but I just wanted to keep you in the loop.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017