Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BYB HAS FOUND BABE RUTH

Well, not exactly, but it's damn close.

(In Photo: Willis Gardner)
This past Monday night at Gallagher's Steak House there was alittle contest, the Babe Ruth look-a-like contest. The winner was Willis Gardner who looks damn close to the real Babe Ruth.
According to Sports Illustrated, Gardner is a true Ruth fan.  Here's a quote from him: "My love of The Babe started in 1991 when I was an extra in a TV series called 'The Babe Ruth Story,' filmed here in Ohio," Gardner said. "I went to Cooperstown later that year, and as soon as I walked through the door, somebody shouted 'The Babe is back.' ''

Gardner recently appeared before World War II veterans in Wisconsin. Asked what he did [for a living], he said: "Just looked like the Babe." (Read more about it HERE.)

You have to love this guy, but look, it's not only him. There were some other Babe Ruth look-a-likes below. All were contestants at Gallagher's Monday night.
(In Photo: Michael Sellazzo of Cortlandt Manor, N.Y., Tommy Shine of Bayonne, N.J., and Kevin Tracy of Brooklyn)

I'm obviously a huge Ruth fan and I love the whole history of that time with the Yankees. So for me, this story sits just right. Way to go Willis Gardner.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017