Tuesday, August 21, 2012

MUCH ACCOMPLISHED BUT MORE TO DO...

I'm 41 today. It's not every day that I can say that, but today I can. It's a moment for me to reflect, be thankful for what and who I have surrounding me and for me to realize that I've actually produced some pretty good things in life and I still have plenty of time to accomplish more.

I have a great family who I'm crazy about, although, if you ask my now 10 year old, he'll tell you blogging has made me grumpy.  He's right, kids tell the truth. No doubt my new child, BYB is sometimes a real thorn in my side. With writing comes issues and decisions and busy work and it becomes a lot to deal with. Sometimes it really creeps into my personal life. That's when it sucks.  Balancing is possible or course, but it ain't easy.  At the end of the day, I'd walk away from all of this, but the truth of the matter is, I like you guys. I love writing for you and I love the interaction.  My wife calls BYB my mistress, I just find the whole thing silly sometimes. I can't believe how it's developed.

Truth be told, I built a mini-empire here. We make good points, we make you laugh. We make you think and we try to bring you news and information to keep you in the loop. Hell, our writers here at BYB have developed into little personalities, you seek them out...I like that. That means you're engaged, you're interested in what we have to say. Bottom line, we're small, but we're now relevant. How did that happen? You... All of you.

When you write me and tell me that I made you cry after I put together something about my dad, or I somehow relate my son's actions to Jorge Posada, I smile. When you tweet me that we're "the best Yankees blog out there", I smirk. We're only the best, as you say, because you read us.

Look, BYB started out as a joke between friends because I couldn't stand Sergio Mitre being on the Yankees anymore. One friend sent that post to another friend and after posting 1 post a day, it became 2. Then 3. And then, I looked to see that over 100 people read BYB a week later. I realized then we were onto something. We were different from the others.  Then suddenly, we needed to get recaps done every night, then BYB shirts.  Then writers came in and some went away, but at the end of the day... things are humming and people are smiling and I can't believe what Bleeding Yankee Blue has become. You drink coffee to us in the morning. You look forward to us and you tell me as much. That's nice to hear.

So, sure, this is a Happy Birthday post to myself so to speak, but it's more than that. This is a thank you. A thank you to my writers who do this for you because they love the Yanks and love writing for you. Plus, they never complain, they always do their best and most importantly, they give you results...fun pieces that you enjoy. They kick ass, thanks guys.  This is a Thank you to my family, who puts up with me arranging this blog every day so you have something to read. Amazing.  This is a thank you to you too, the readers, who not only keep me going but truth be told, you're the best damn birthday gift I could ever have at age 41.

So... I bow to you all, you have such a passion for our team and you truly bleed Yankee blue...and I appreciate every moment of it. Trust me... as long as this stays fun, you have me. Thanks.


 --Casey
Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu




ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017