Tuesday, July 3, 2012

YANKEES ARE LOST IN ST. PETERSBURG

Don't look now but the Yankees are on a 2 game losing streak.  Sure, it's not the end of the world, but it was not a good night.  3 errors in one game.  Wow.  It's weird how things happen.  Before this game even started my buddy Dave said to me simply, "I don't know what it is but I feel like with momentum going the Rays way, Nova is going to get shelled tonight."  Sometime fans have gut feelings.  It's amazing how that happens.


 In 6 innings tonight, Ivan Nova allowed 7 hits and 6 runs, 3 earned and struck out 5. That was followed by Clay Rapada and Chad Qualls.  Qualls gave up another run.  There's your 7 runs for the Rays.

The Yankees started off strong but fizzled tonight.  Whatever, it was a nice start but what the hell? We lost it.  Overall, the Yankees scored 4 tonight all off James Shields.  The guy is just a good pitcher and if Nova didn't give up so many, we'd have a game tonight.  We didn't and to be honest, you can't even fault Nova tonight. The guys been great all season.  We just need to accept it and come back tomorrow and win.

DeWayne Wise hit another home run tonight.  Give this guy credit, he knows his role, he's accepted it and he's delivering whenever he's in the game. Derek Jeter, Raul Ibanez, Robinson Cano, DeWayne Wise all have 2 hits each.


Now onto the errors. 2 errors were committed by Russell Martin and one happened to change game momentum the Rays way. That's not a good situation. Look, I hate to sound a bit down on Martin, I like the guy a lot, but the truth is Martin and his back could truly be a problem if his back problems continue.  You have to wonder if that was a factor tonight. Sure, we could use Chris Stewart on those days his back acts up, but let's face facts, this can be a problem, not only for the Yankees, but for his future.  Think about that.

The third error tonight was by Eric Chavez who is not only a former gold glover, but also filled in for Mark Texieria tonight. Hell, this sucks, but think about it this way, Chavez doesn't play much 1st base, he's alittle rusty. Sure, I hate errors, but I give him a pass tonight.

My opinion on this game is simple.  Losses happen, but 2 in a row against an American League rival sucks.  I love my Yankees, but I need a win right now.  This is nuts to me.  


Finally... let me say this.  I was watching the post game show.  I respect Bob Lorenz and Jack Curry so much, but why were they still questioning an ump call on Robinson Cano's slide home and whether or not Jose Molina tagged him or not.  The games over, you can't go back. Turn the page.  I hate that.

Final tonight: Rays 7 - Yankees 4

Bottom line, tomorrow is the Fourth of July, we need a win, it's America's birthday and we're the New York Yankees! Let's do this!

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017