Thursday, July 5, 2012

YANKEE RELICS FROM YEARS PAST

 I'm a sucker for old Yankee stuff.  I love the old history as you know but I love to see images and video from back in the day that I've seen before.  If you don't know about my obsession, read THE BEST YANKEE BASEBALL IS WHAT WE'VE NEVER ACTUALLY SEEN.

Chatting with my friend Bud James on Twitter, he mentioned his love for former Yankee second baseman Bobby Richardson.  He and many of you are voting in our latest poll on BYB titled simply WHO IS YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITE YANKEES SECOND BASEMAN? Simple enough right? No so easy though.  There are many, but Bobby Richardson always seems to get huge kudos.  Back in the 50's and 60's, everyone wanted to be Bobby Richardson.
(In Photo: Bobby Richardson Day)
But back to my friend Bud, who told me he was actually at Bobby Richardson day back on September 17th, 1966.  He tweeted me his pictures from that day, the same day he sat up in the stands as a true Yankee fan.  These picture are owned by my friend Bud and their amateur photos, but it just gives you a feel.  Look at the stadium, look at the stands, it's really cool.

 (Photo by: Bud James, Bobby Richardson Day ceremony, 9/17/1966)

 Here is the ceremony honoring Bobby Richardson.
(Photo by: Bud James)
 Great shot.  this is actually Mickey Mantle coming up to the plate on that day. Pretty neat.

 (Photo by: Bud James)
 Finally, this is a shot of Al Downing pitching that day.  I just love this picture though because of the way the sun is setting on the stadium, the structure itself and the Bronx in the background.  It's history right there for all of us.

Bud, thanks for sharing, and thanks for letting Bleeding Yankee Blue post them. We appreciate it.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017