Friday, July 20, 2012

THE MELKY "CROTCH-CHOP" SEEN 'ROUND THE WORLD


Melky Cabrera needs to slow down.  It’s funny, I have been on the record saying that Cabrera had matured, he finally found his team, his rhythm in San Francisco with the Giants and leaving New York may have been the best thing that’s ever happened to him.  But let’s be honest, you go back to an old team to play them in their house, like the Braves two nights ago and you act a fool, and the Godfather of the Braves, Chipper Jones calls you out…well , you best realize you’re moving too fast.  


Melky Cabrera Crotch-chopped Atlanta Braves fans, not once, but more than once.  I mean, why don’t you just moon them Melky? That’s pretty disrespectful and it’s terrible sportsmanship.  Now look, if you watch the isolated video, HERE (Thanks to Larry Brown Sports) and below, you can tell he’s doing something and you may not think anything of it, it was subtle, but it was enough for me to be alittle ticked off.

It made me realize something… Melky knows he talented now.  Melky hit a home run and made a catch in Altanta and Crotch-chopped. Maybe he wants to make it his "thing", but I'll tell you what... it's a stupid "thing". Let’s be honest, if I’m Bruce Bochy, I’m telling Melky to tone it down.


Chipper Jones is a guy I have grown to respect. Truth be told, I was not fond of him during those World Series games back in 1996 and 1999, but he’s a veteran of this game and he understands respect.  He said of the incident: “That’s Melky and that’s why he’s not here anymore.” Sure, it doesn’t sound like much, but it’s really a big “F U” to Melky, meaning “You rip the Braves and Braves fans, you’re going to get yours. “   Chipper also said this…”It won’t be forgotten.” Where have I heard that before?
Now, you know my feeling about respecting the fans, good sportsmanship on the field and guys like Derek Jeter follow the rules.  There is a huge difference between pounding your chest like Nick Swisher did in that Yankees/Red Sox game and being in the moment and Crotch-chopping in front of a former team.  Not only will those fans not forget it, they’ll vow to boo him the rest of his career, especially if they take it the way I took it.  

Message to Melky, you’re a good ball player, but your talent doesn’t mean a thing if you aren’t humbled. Arrogance gets you nowhere.  Bad sportsmanship will put a bulls eye on your back and cockiness will give you a bad reputation. Take a second, realize you're wrong and shape up. Bottom line, I love ya, but what you did was stupid.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017