Friday, July 6, 2012

BRINGING A NEW CURSE TO BOSTON

The Yankees and the Red Sox have always hated each other and this goes back for decades. There is no question the competitiveness has amplified when both teams hit the field. The slides into second to break up a double play are harder, the dives for balls are further and the adrenaline runs high in the stands pitting fan against fan. I love that atmosphere. But I have 1 question for you… in this lopsided season of Yankees vs. Sox… will a new curse begin for Boston?

Look, bottom line is I hope to see the Red Sox coming up short time behind bad pitching and empty offense. I want to pound Josh Beckett tonight and wipe that stupid smile off his fat face. I can't stand the guy. The fact is, the Yankees can beat the Sox with their talent, but I want the curse back!
As we know from their rich history together, there are moments where we have it in the bag and then something gets in our pitcher's head, or our guy at the plate, only to be quickly disappointed. There have also been many great Yankee moments.  But I'm a purist in baseball history and by that I mean, as a Yankee fan, I love the competition, but ultimately I loved it when the Red Sox curse was alive and well and I want it back. 
As a  die hard Yankees fan, the Red Sox make me sick to my stomach. I was a believer of the curse. For as long as I was a Yankee fan, I believed in the curse and every single time the Yankees lose, I think about losing to the evil Sox in that 2004 ALCS playoff where we were up 3 games, yet lost 4 straight to the Red Sox so they could advance to the World Series…and win it. For some season, that's always in the back of my mind. That, my friends was a nightmare. After all, it was destiny that we were to win it all that year after losing a tough one to the Marlins in 2003. No one wants that feeling again in the Bronx, so it's time to bring it back to the Sox.

Fast forward, to 2 championships by the Red Sox and 1 by the Yankees and here we are in 2012.  The New York Yankees are in first place in the American League East and the Red Sox are 7.5 out.  Sure, the Curse of the Bambino is long gone, but maybe the Curse of Bobby has begun.

After all, after the Chicken and Beer scandal, after Terry Francona was pushed out, and most recently Kevin Youkilis being shipped to Chicago, Bobby Valentine showed up and there's been uneasiness...he looks like he's in over his head.  The fans can't stand him and like clockwork, there are injuries to Dustin Pedroira and Jacoby Ellsbury.  Yeah... maybe the curse is back, maybe now it's the Curse of Bobby, the "know-it-all" manager that, knows nothing and will pit it's his players and fans against each other.


I admit it, I loved the curse, I loved the Aaron Boone Home run, the Bucky Dent Home Run and everything that gives the Red Sox a loss…. I even loved the Bill Buckner mishap, but the bottom line is, that’s old news. Now there's about to be a new chapter in the Yankees and Red Sox rivalry, a pattern of non-playoff appearances by the Sox and their fans literally running Bobby out of town, because you know I can't stand the Red Sox, but I have a strange feeling I can't stand Valentine more.  There is nothing worse than an arrogant manager on a division rival.

So it's days like this that I throw on my Jorge Posada jersey, turn on the television and sit down on a summer evening and watch my Yankees beat the Sox...over and over and over again.  To me, that's better than anything.  So let's do it Yanks, help start a new curse against the Red Sox.... oh and beat the daylights out of them too!

Let's go Yankees!!

By the way, be sure to check out the latest from Yankees Fans Unite, a friend in the blog world HERE.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017