Monday, July 2, 2012

BRETT GARDNER INJURY UPDATE: RETURN COULD BE 2-3 WEEKS


Some important news to report out of Yankeeland.  Yahoo! Sports interviewed Brett Gardner yesterday about his recovery from the strained right elbow that has kept him sidelined since April.  Gardner told Yahoo!, "I feel pretty good.  The idea is for me to pick up a bat some time toward the middle of his week and hopefully progress toward the following week, probably a week and a half from now progressing to batting practice on the field."



Gardner went on to say, "They're trying to put me on the field, trying to get me into a rehab gme down in Tampa.  I'm flying with the guys down to Tampa today but I'll be over at the minor league complex for the next couple of weeks getting ready to go.  Hopefully, shortly after the All-Star break I'll be back -- toward the middle or end of the month and hopefully we continue playing good on this road trip."

You can read the rest of the article including a few more quotes by Gardy over at Yahoo! here.  But bottom line is Gardner appears to moving forward and that is good news.  He appears anxious to get back and, no doubt, Yankee fans are anxious as well.  We will continue to keep you posted on Gardner's recovery.


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017