Wednesday, June 20, 2012

THERE'S ACTUALLY NO SECRET TO JOHN STERLING'S HOME RUN CALLS

I am not a John Sterling hater, but I do find the entertainment of John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman on the radio during Yankee games pure comedy.  I get a kick out of it.  I visualize annoyed faces by Sterling as Waldman rattles off statistics that pop up on the Jumbo-tron out in center field and I picture Suzyn shaking a fist at Sterling as he talks about old songs from the 1940's that no one has ever heard.  In my mind, they hate each other but come together to bring us a game every day.  I know that's not true, but it's definitely a Saturday Night Live skit in my head.  Bottom line, I'm used to them being there now and I have no problem with it.  Now you can sit there and tell me that John & Suzyn are terrible and boring and bad, and I say this...You try it. It's not as easy as it seems.

But more on them in another post.  This post is actually not about Sterling and Waldman at all.  It's really about the terrible News tease on My 9 last night...."What are the secrets to John Sterling's Home run calls?"  Really? REALLY?  I watch My 9 all the time... you guys are better than that.  First of all, what does it really take to sit down on a Yankee day off and think up catchy catch-phrases for home runs.  After 5 minutes of jotting them down, you're done.  Does Sterling really need "secrets" to do that now?  To be honest, I really had no interest in finding out what the secrets were and how "secretive" could they possibly be, yet, I had to find out, so I stuck around, but I didn't want to. Why? Because my Yankees just lost and the last thing I wanted to know is that Sterling has any type of strategic operation for creating his Radio Home Run calls. I really don't care.

Here's that tease...


 So, I watched and as predicted, there was nothing revealing and nothing exciting except that I learned that John Sterling took credit for the Swishalicious home run call which isn't his home run call at all!... They did that for Nick Swisher in Oakland way before the Yankees, read HERE. Oakland fans created that nickname, not Sterling. 
So... I guess if Sterling's secret is stealing other people's ideas... that's interesting I guess, but I don't care about Sterling's secrets. As long as he entertains me in the booth with Suzyn and the Yankees keep winning... I am just fine.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017