Sunday, June 10, 2012

SWEEPING THE METS IS PRETTY SWEET FOR YANKEELAND

So the Yankees won today and not only that, they won the entire series against the New York Mets.  Sure, I can could have called up all my Met fan friends and broke their balls on being swept. After all, they would do it to me, but I chose the high rode.  Why? Because we're Yankee fans, we tend to have class.
In all seriousness, I am happy for my New York Yankees, they made me proud.  Russell Martin was the big hero today.  2 home runs and a walk-off when it counted.  You can't beat that.  Walk-offs are such a shock to the system. You are either on the winning side or the losing side and like I stated in LIFE LESSONS FROM A TOUGH LOSS IN BASEBALL, it truly is the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat...times ten. Russell walked off the Yankees today. Yup... it was a thrill of victory if you're a Yankee fan. Martin was 2-4 with 3 RBIs and 2 home runs.  His average is up to .216...it's climbing.
Andy Pettitte did his job.  No, he wasn't outstanding but he kept the Yankees in the game, that's the most important thing today.  6 innings, 5 hits and 3 runs... he also struck out 8. Boone Logan got the win today because the Yankees scored their runs in the 7th, 8th and 9th. It's important to know that Rafael Soriano blew his first save today.  Even the best blow a save once in a while...no worries, we move on, we won so for me, it's forgotten.

Derek Jeter, Mark Teixeira, Curtis Granderson and Robinson Cano all had 2 hits each today.  Alex Rodriguez was 1 for 3 and he didn't strikeout today.  That's a good sign. He also was pumped after getting Ike Davis out of 3rd base in the 9th inning. Love the "Cervelli" passion bleeding through. Maybe that will start rubbing off.  Love it!
Hey look, over all, a wins a win but once again, the home run did it for the Yankees.  Again, I'm not complaining, but it's clear that the idea of situational hitting doesn't seem to be in the cards right now with Brett Gardner on the shelf. No worries...this weekend was magical...I'll take the win.

Final: Yankees 5 - Mets 4.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017