Wednesday, June 6, 2012

NO QUESTION...AROD'S GOT TO TURN IT ON NOW!

Alex Rodriguez is a truly talented ball player.  But when he starts to think, you see many highlights of him holding the barrel of the bat, looking into space...or worse, confused and wondering why he didn’t hit the fastball down and away with the bases loaded.  It seems like again and again, he's stranding guys on base.  I hate to see it and it's starting to drive me crazy. I’m going to say something that will come across as mean, it’s not, but it will help me make my point…"Alex, you’re clearly not a good thinker."

Growing up I heard coaches tell me “Don’t think, do!”  As a kid, you don’t know what the hell that means and you try and break it down literally, “Well, the coach wants me to 'do', but I have to 'think' to 'do'…I don’t get it.” The reality is, it stems from early years of little league and travels with you throughout the Bigs. Alex is in it right now.  He’s in a cloud; he doesn’t know what’s going on.  He wants to be “that guy” who comes up big, but instead he’s that guy that everyone knows isn’t exactly clutch and he's thinking about it...alot.  It's a web.

Look, is Alex older? Yes, but I’m so tired of hearing that his age is “creeping up on him”. His job is to hit a baseball as far as he can.  Sure, any hit will do, but again, when Alex signed that 10 year deal with the Yankees,  it wasn’t just the talent the Yankees wanted, they also wanted the power.  Don’t think Alex doesn’t know that.  He knows that every time he approaches the plate, that’s his job…hit home runs.  Now, if Alex can find his way and decipher between when he needs to be clutch and when he needs to homer, well, that’s another story.  It’s clear to me though Alex is thinking way too much.
I’ve always believed that in 2009, Alex finally got it. Well, we’re going on 3 years since that World Series and it almost looks as though he’s more lost now than before that World Series run. I think it’s safe to say we need to forget that run and have a clean slate...we're past that. It is a new year with new challenges and clearly Alex needs to turn it on now!

So Alex, I’m pleading with you. Make your adjustments, button up the pinstripes and get out there and win for the team and win for you, because it’s clear something’s a little off.  My suggestion is simple… “Don’t think, do!”

 ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017