Saturday, May 12, 2012

WHY MICHAEL PINEDA IS OPTIMISTIC


A lot of stuff going on in Yankeeland and Mariano Rivera was clearly the biggest blow to the organization, but let’s not forget that Michael Pineda got hurt early.  I know, the guy didn’t even get out of the gate and he got hurt.  Now he too is out for the entire season and what a shame for this kid. 

Luckily for us, Sweeny Murti caught up with Pineda about the surgery and when he believes he’ll be able to return.  According to Pineda’s doctor, he could be ready for Spring Training 2013. Read HERE.  Sound good?  It does to me. Check out that quote and one more from this young man about how he felt in spring training. I hope one day this kid becomes a Yankee superstar and Cashman's gut has it right.  Check it out:

"...The doctor before the surgery, he told me, “Hey no worries.  You can’t pitch this year, but I promise next year you’ll be ready 100 percent in spring training...”


Sweeny also asked Pineda about his should pain before the injury.  Pineda said this:

"I never felt anything in my shoulder. Never. My arm all the time felt really good. The first time I had an injury in my arm was 2009 in my elbow. After that I did rehab for like two months, and after that I came back real strong and never felt anything in my arm. I threw all the time, threw many innings and my arm felt great. So, you know, it’s the life of a baseball player."

I feel for this kid.  I just hope all goes well and we get to see him next year and there are no complications.  I'm looking forward to him believe it or not...I really am. If anything else develops with Pineda's progress, we will be sure to bring it to you, right here at Bleeding Yankee Blue.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017