Monday, May 14, 2012

WHY BEATING BUCK MATTERS TO YANKEE FANS

The Yankees played some good baseball tonight, yet at the same time, it was quite a sloppy game in many ways.  Rain, hit bats men, errors and pitchers dropping like flies.  I was convinced it was a full moon tonight.
The Yankees won 8-5 in Camden Yards, game 1 of a three game series against the Orioles and Buck Showalter. There is nothing better than beating Buck Showalter.   
The offense was there tonight and things almost seem like they're clicking. Alex Rodriguez had 3 hits, Curtis Granderson had his 12th home run of the season and Robinson Cano was 2-5 tonight.   Plus, I think I pissed off Mark Teixeira.  I wrote WHY TEIXEIRA IS D.O.A. this morning.
I was irritated at Mark's average and slow start so I needed to rant.  Tonight, Mark started hitting hard! Thanks Mark, I owe you one.  2-4 for Tex, he had a 2 run home run and 3 runs tonight. I'll take that Tex, I'll take that.

Ivan Nova started this game but left in the 6th inning in what looked like a twisted ankle. It was later reported that Nova had a sprained ankle.  Hopefully he'll recover no problem. We need him. 
When it happened, I immediately posted  TWEAKED OR INJURED? CONCERN FOR NOVA & RAPADA TONIGHT. The Yankees don't need these pitching injuries right now. Then, as I was writing this recap, Twitter started blowing up. There were Tweets saying Joe Girardi said that he thinks David Robertson has a rib cage issue and is going for tests tomorrow. Later Girardi said it will be 2 days at least until we see DRob again.  We'll keep you posted on that when we hear anything now.  Jesus, what the hell is going on with our pitchers this year?

But back to Nova, he went 5.1 innings, gave up 7 hits and 5 runs.  He didn't pitch great tonight, but I expect that to improve.  The Yankee bullpen took over and they did great. David Phelps got the win. Rafael Soriano got the save.

Again, final score: Yankees 8 - Orioles 5. More tomorrow...I can't wait.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017