Thursday, February 16, 2012

WHY TAKING GARY CARTER NOW IS UNFAIR

Gary Carter was always known as one of the nicest guys in baseball, yet, one of the hardest playing ballplayers in the 70’s and 80’s. He wasn't a good catcher, he was a great one. Sure he was a member of the New York Mets and won a championship with them and as a New Yorker, I remember that, but I remember him more as a member of the Montreal Expos because it was right around the time I started to collect baseball cards. I remember his 1976 card and still have it. It’s one of the few cards I own that’s in mint condition and it's one of my favorites. But enough about me…

Gary Carter died today of brain cancer. Read HERE. It's the same cancer that literally had deteriorated this once strong man over the past few years and it makes me sick to think this happens. It's a horrible thing. Bleeding Yankee Blue salutes Gary and we will pray for his family who lost a great son, father and husband. It’s true, he wasn’t part of my family, but if you follow baseball as much as I did as a kid, this one stings, no doubt about it.

I can’t explain it, but if you remember watching Gary play and watching him talk to the media after games and just seeing him around the game years after he retired, you just wanted to meet him. He was likable, tough and probably one of the smartest catchers in the game. I loved his drive, his approached and I appreciated his heart on the field...every time.

Yeah, you can say I’m pretty torn up about this one Ladies and Gentlemen. It doesn’t happen too often but I feel for the Carter family right now, my prayers are with them...God Bless you .

Rest in Peace Kid... rest in peace.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017