Sunday, February 19, 2012

BURNETT'S OFFICIALLY A PITTSBURGH PIRATE

This is the latest update from Jon Heyman. Burnett is officially a Pittsburgh Pirate. I usually trust Jon Heyman because 9 times out of 10, he's right. But it all goes back to what I spoke about in an earlier post about how "sources" are not always right. The reality is no one truly knows. It really is a guessing game sometimes. Here is Heyman's tweet below:
Read WHY THERE MAY ONLY BE ROOM FOR ONE, a piece I wrote just a short time ago. I wrote that Wally Matthews of ESPN (HERE) originally said the deal wouldn't come down until Tuesday and he's quoted below as to his reasoning:

"The Yankees and Pirates are in full agreement on the terms of the A.J. Burnett deal, but they still need the approval of Big Brother Bud Selig before Burnett officially becomes a Buc. That approval was not given Friday night -- the deal was finalized too late in the day for that -- and a source deeply involved in the negotiations told me last night that the official Selig Stamp of Approval would probably not come before Monday afternoon or perhaps Tuesday.

The reason is the Commissioner's office, which must approve all deals in which large amounts of cash are involved, will wait until Burnett passes his Pirates physical, which he will take Sunday morning at their training camp in Bradenton. The results generally take a day or so to come in."

It actually made perfect sense to me, but wrong again I suppose. Anyway, if this is confirmed then I say the best of luck to AJ Burnett. Now the Yankees need to go out and get Eric Chavez and Raul Ibanez... immediately.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017