Monday, January 2, 2012

WHY NOT BRING MARK PRIOR BACK?

Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but one can dream, can’t one? I want Mark Prior back...just to see if he can get back to the major leagues. I mean, I was very excited to have Mark Prior in pinstripes last year and I was rooting for him to get in at least 1 major league relief appearance just to prove to the world and himself that he was able to work his way back. That never happened and the season came and went for Prior, with injury upon injury again. It’s really a shame. So as we continue on our quiet streak of signing warm bodies and broken down pitchers on the cheap, wouldn’t Mark Prior fit that category?

First off, you can probably re-sign a guy like Mark Prior for next to nothing, and if he continues to work for us and NOT GET HURT, what’s to say he couldn’t be called up and be in a game? See what I mean? The Yankees are worried about budget? This is an easy fix and a low risk signing. I say do it.

Recently Chad Jennings from LoHud asked Mark Newman, the Vice President of baseball operations in Tampa. Read it HERE. Newman’s response? “Right now I would say no, but never say never.”So you're telling me there's a chance! Good.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017