Monday, December 19, 2011

WHY THE YANKEES ARE IN MY CHRISTMAS TREE

For years I have tried to include a Yankees player or item into my Christmas tree. That’s how I roll. My wife likes to go more traditional and would rather not see blue in my tree, but we’ve been married for a long time, sacrifice happens, plus, my kids like it.

10 years ago I picked up some ceramic Christmas balls featuring Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams and Roger Clemens. Ever since Clemens ran off to Houston, I stopped putting it up, so it sits in it’s box and never sees the light of day. Clearly I hold grudges, I never forgave him for taking Andy Pettitte away from us and even though they both came back, it doesn’t change the fact that Clemens is a guy who I consider a true New York Yankee, my opinion, and there are many that disagree, that's totally fine, I respect that.

So Jeter and Bernie are displayed nicely and with that, I have a small New York Yankee Hat hanging, and my favorite ornament of all time, my Mickey Mantle which every year lies in the center of my tree. He’s batting lefty and you can see his #7 clear as day and whenever I look at my tree, I look at those ornaments. Sure there are others that are baseball related. I have a Santa Claus batting right handed that I bought in 2003 and a little leaguer ceramic ornament swinging for the fences. I even have a baseball ornament with sunglasses and a smile and he’s wearing a Yankee hat. It’s cute in an ugly way and I can even agree with my wife, it needs to be low and toward the back of the tree. I’m fine with that.

I like incorporating the Yankees and Christmas. Usually they go together in my house. I noticed on Facebook that one of my Facebook friends, Jacqueline Cortes posted a picture of what I believe is one of her relatives homes. It's decortated for Christmas and they're clearly Yankees fans. It's actually pretty outstanding and kudos to them for putting it together for the holiday season. I like where your heads at guys!

Bottom line, comment here or on Facebook and send me your Yankees Christmas ornaments. I’ll put together a photo album on Facebook for everyone to see. After all, it’s the holiday season.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017