Wednesday, November 2, 2011

YANKEE RUMORS & BYB: PART 4

First things first, I want to confirm for you that Brian Cashman and the Yankees have agreed to a 3 year $9 million contract. So that's done and now the moves can officially be made. I like it.

AJ Burnett: Andrew Marchand has a report that suggests that Brian Cashman would be open for a trade for AJ Burnett. Read it HERE.This is what Cashman said about Burnett, who has a limited no-trade clause: "I am open-minded if anyone wants to approach me on anyone on this roster that doesn't have a full no-trade clause. The worst I can tell them is no. I don't care if it is a position player or a pitcher....Unless you are strapped with the full no-trade that precludes me from even listening, I'm open to creativity. I'm open to listening to anything anyone has to offer." I don't hate Burnett, and I find myself rooting for the guy like crazy. Whatever happens happens, but I've never been a fan of giving away pitching for pitching. Burnett is a 4th rotation guy for the Yankees, not a #2 anymore.David Ortiz: The Boston Herald, HERE, has a story about how the Red Sox have not approached Ortiz about a new contract. Ortiz wants a 3 year deal. Let's be honest, That's not going to happen. Forgive me, but for $10 million, I offer Ortiz a 2 year deal to be our DH. That of course would all depend on whether or not the Yankees will use Jesus Montero as part DH and part time catcher, which I like more, by the way. Who knows, I just know that there is no way in hell Ortiz gets a 3 year deal with the Red Sox OR the Yankees.
Andrew Brackman: The Yankees did not pick up Brackman's option and so, he's gone. Now it seems as though Dellin Betances and Manny Banuelos are the only B's left. Good Luck Andrew, you'll be talented somewhere, just not in the Bronx. Many fell in love with Brackman. While I knew the talent was there, I became impatient with the guy. Sorry.Albert Pujols & Prince Fielder: I wouldn't pray to God every night that the Yankees will sign Pujols or Fielder this off season. Cashman made it clear that the Yankees would be concentrating on pitching this off-season. Then again, the Yankees said that before they surprised us with Johnny Damon and Mark Teixeira too, so, you never know.

As Yankee notes develop, be sure to stay on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017