Sunday, October 23, 2011

YANKEE RUMORS & BYB: PART 1

David Ortiz: Ortiz tried to fix the "mess" he was in saying when he suggested he'd like to be on the Yankees. Here's a quote brought to you by WEEI and Alex Speier (HERE). Ortiz said "I never said I would sign with the Yankees. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. They asked me if I would play for the Yankees. I said I would think about it." Fair enough, we all know that that nugget from that ESPN Ortiz interview HERE was hyped up, but there's no doubt in my mind he'd want to play in the Bronx and if you think his agent isn't going to reach out to Cashman, you're dreaming. This is what Ortiz actually said when asked about the Yankees: "It's great (playing from the Yankees) from what I hear. It's a good situation to be involved in. Who doesn't want to be involved in a great situation where everything goes the right way?" Sounds like he's interested, what do you think?Freddy Garcia: Jon Heyman says HERE that the Freddy Garcia and the Yankees have felt the love for each other. Garcia had a great season with the Yankees, better than expected and is suggesting that he could come back to the Yankees. I liked Garcia and I agree, if there is a place for him, bring it on. Don't forget, way back in January this year Freddy Garcia was the man the BYB fans chose in a poll about who would be our 5th starter. Man, you guys are smart. Read WHY FREDDY IS OUR MAN.

Yu Darvish: Joel Sherman wrote HERE that the Yankees are not expected to throw a ton of money at Yu Darvish, probably because their track record with Japanese pitching has not been too outstanding. They'll watch the market for the guy but will be hesitant and I get it.
CC Sabathia: Jody McDonald had an interesting take on CC and the Yankees yesterday, asking the question, Why haven't the Yankees tried to negotiate with CC Sabathia before he has a chance to opt-out? Cashman has stated that the Yankees normally don't do that. I bet they are, they're just not talking about it. Why is it anyones business? Personally, I see Cashman throwing more money at CC each year instead of a longer year contract for CC. No one wants to see a struggling fat ace on the Yankees in 2020. Also, read a great piece from Pete Caldera today HERE. Oh and by the way, CC showing up wearing a Yankees jersey for a taping of Anderson Cooper should give you some hope. Ballplayers rarely wear their jersey's for appearances. Could it be a sign? We shall see.Albert Pujols: Pujols pulled a Rafael Soriano the other night in St. Louis and blew off the media after he made an error essentially costing the game for the Cardinals in Game 2. Ken Davidoff from Newsday has that story HERE. Pujols was quoted as saying "My responsibility is to God and my family. I don't have a responsibility to anyone else." He also said "Sometimes I make a mistake. Do I feel that last night, that I made a mistake? I don't think so." Wow. I've always been a fan of Albert Pujols, but this guy thinks who the tell he is, does he not? First of all, I'm not a Cardinals fan but he has a responsibility to every Cardinals fan out there, especially after a he blows a World Series game, and 2... can you imagine what would happen if he was a New York Yankee and did that? He'd be crucified. This is the same guy that is about to be a free agent? His P.R. team better regroup. Pujols, Yankee rumors are running wild but I just don't see it. Read HERE.
It's important to note that last night in Game 3 Pujols homered 3 times, and pulled a Reggie Jackson (Babe Ruth did it twice). The Cardinals are up in the World Series 2 games to 1, winning 16-7 last night. Read my take on the World Series in WHY BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE PICKS THE CARDINALS.

We'll have for Yankee rumors here on Bleeding Yankee Blue, stay with us.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017