Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WHY THE YANKS STILL NEED TO WIN

Admit it, it's a weird feeling... you sitting there watching the Yankee game but knowing it doesn't matter. Well, it matters to me, I want a win. Why? Because momentum is key when you enter the playoffs. I don't like this feeling of, "Well, it's OK that the Rays took the lead, we already won." Bullshit, Yes, we won the Division, but you want to go into the postseason cold? I don't.
You want to break stride, lose a few and then go full steam Friday and expect a win? (Photo: Getty)
What about CC Sabathia? CC is used to short rest,and he's been talking about it all September when the Yankees were bumbling around with a 6-man rotation. Do you think CC will be ready Friday after not pitching for several days? Sure he had a bullpen session Sunday, but it's a bullpen session... and it was Sunday. You see what I mean?

Look, I worry about this stuff, I'm a fan, I know what my guys are capable of.

Tonight was a perfect example of letting things go because "We already won the division." Girardi is playing to keep pitchers warm, and balance the rest. He's not playing to win. Is it the right thing to do in my opinion? I half agree with it. Because if momentum's not high going into a short series like the ALDS, it's bye bye early. You want to go in hard, without getting hurt and win.
Yes, you we all want the Red Sox to die at the end of this, but the Rays just changed the momentum in tonight's game with that Matt Joyce home run and to me, that says a lot. Listen to the crowd, look at the body language of the Yankees, there are alot of emotions going on.

Bottom line, I don't want the Red Sox in the playoffs, but I also don't want the Yankees walking into the playoffs either, I want to see them running in. Yes we are winners, but losses bring the negative emotionally. It doesn't matter if you clinched a division, it's a mental thing. All I'm saying is, as much as tonight doesn't matter, it does... for the state of our Yankees going into the playoffs, it does matter... that's all.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017