Thursday, September 1, 2011

WHY IT'S THE PERFECT YANKEE WIN

Several factors tonight in a big Yankee win in Fenway. One of the players of the game for me has got to be Mariano Rivera. He is now 5 saves away from 600, and while Mariano doesn't care about that, he did care about striking out Adrian Gonzalez. Huge strikeout to win the game and the Yankees have taken 2 of 3 against the dirty Sox and now we move on to the Blue Jays at home. I don't care what anyone says, this game tonight was huge. Momentum is high and that is important as we now go home to the Bronx.Well, AJ Burnett didn't whizz one past any of the Red Sox chin's but I wish he did. Overall though, he did it the Yankee way, he pitched well and kept his team in the game. That's all you can ask for. The Yankee way of retaliation is to just kick some ass, and yes, I respect it, but as you will see in a few moments, I get annoyed with having our guys continually pegged by Red Sox pitching. See Teixeria below. Anyway, here's AJ's line, he pitched 6 innings and allowed only 2 earned runs. He lives another day. Why? Because it was a do or die situation for AJ against the rival Red Sox and he kept his team in it. The bullpen followed and Cory Wade ended up getting the win, but AJ did a good job tonight. The most important part about AJ was his mechanics. Apparently, he made an adjustment with Larry Rothschild. That adjustment made him feel better on the mound tonight and more comfortable. As he was comfy, he became confident in his performace and didn't lose his cool. Can someone say the Pyramid of Pitching Dominance? I will... With mechanic analysis comes confidence, when the confidence comes, any doubt leaves and focus takes over. That's what happened tonight. Good, AJ needed that.

Tonight was the coming of Jesus and it was cool to see and I'm glad he's with the Yankees. Tonight, Montero didn't have a hit but he got hit by a pitch, what else is knew, and was the 4th run scored tonight on Russell Martin's triple. Exciting. Look, trust me, over the next few games, Montero will get adjusted to the Bigs... just be patient. Alot of butterflies tonight I'm sure and you can't expect him to just crank out homers. Welcome Jesus, we're excited to have you.

Like I said, Martin got the hit that we needed tonight to pull the Yankees ahead and it was a major hit. Mariano was one of my players of the game, and Russell Martin is the other. For some reason, it's usually Russell Martin or Eric Chavez that do damage against the Sox. I love that. Keep it us Russell.

The hitting of Yankee batters is aggravating me. Tonight it was Mark Teixeira and you could hear it pop off the side of his knee. Isn't anyone pissed by this or is it just me? I know the lack of power in my house for the past 5 days because of the aftermath of Hurricane Irene has got me irritated and tired, but for the love of God, a Yankee gets hit every single game against the Sox and it's bullshit. We need to put on up on the chin to one of the Sox. I wrote about it in WHY AJ NEEDS TO SEND A MESSAGE...HIGH & TIGHT. All we need to do is go up high 1 time, just to say, "You're on notice." That's all I ask.
Hands down, best play of the game has to come from Curtis Granderson, a sprawled out reach and catch in the 6th inning to end the inning. If that ball goes past him we probably lose this game tonight. Great job by the AL MVP.

Final Score tonight: Yankees 4 - Red Sox 2

Good job all around Yankees. I could not be happier. The Blue Jays are next. Every division Series counts now. The Yankees must win every Series now and not lose any. It's the way it has to be. Go Yanks!

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy for AJ that he pitched well and kept the Yankees in the game. I'm glad he didn't hit anybody no sense in giving them an extra base runner. I am pissed that a Yankee gets hit by those jerks every game. Isn't it obvious? Now Tex might be out a game or 2. The Yankees just need to beat their asses when it counts. What can you say about Russell Martin-so glad he didn't go to the Boo Sox! Grandy saves the game with his catch and Mo is Mo. A great time to be winning, especially against the jerks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017