Monday, June 13, 2011

WHY IT WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE

In this world of blogging, I have to say, it’s kind of interesting and often rewarding. Like I’ve said in the past, starting up back in September 2010 it was just me. I was pissed about a Yankees loss and couldn’t yell at the television anymore, because no one was yelling back. I wrote a piece titled WHY LAST NIGHT WAS IMPORTANT that night in September and gave the link to some friends. They in turn, sent it to a few friends and BYB “blew up” getting 25 readers a day. Believe me, that statement is not arrogant, it’s sarcastic. At that moment, I thought I was somebody.

When the comments started, I knew that people were reading it. I loved that and over time, things have gotten a little bigger. It’s been slow and steady and I’m happy where we are at right now. I still provide opinion, but it is not only me. We have some of best blog writers out there. Christy Florio, Mikey Blue, Jesse Schindler, Will Cohen and Grant Cederquist have hopefully provided what you want, good analysis and opinion. I’m still here with my ridiculous humor and analysis and a few stories about when I was 7 years old and collecting baseball cards. For the record, I still do and I’m not afraid to scream that from the rooftops. It’s who I am, get used to it.


The reason why I’m boring you with my True Hollywood Story is because I found it totally rewarding and comforting to know that when we root for Jorge Posada as much as we do here at BYB, his wife, Laura was kind enough to reach out and let us know she liked our piece, WHY HE’S STILL HERE. Grant Cederquist wrote it, and it's just another installment of how much we dig Jorge. For Laura to send a tweet with all that her family is dealing with, and tell us she liked our piece just made my year. Unbelievably kind!

Bleeding Yankee Blue loves our Yankees. We openly root for them. We criticize too, but we love our guys. Jorge is one of our guys and Laura and Jorge are currently dealing with the enormous pressure of the latest surgery of their son who’s dealing with Craniosynostosis. Read about it here. Laura’s also the rock, I’m sure trying to help keep Jorge focused on the ball field. As a father, I know Jorge’s thoughts about his son and I know he's going through enormous pressure thinking about little Jorge 24/7. Hence, maybe a lack of focus on the ball field stems from that. I totally get it.


(photo: NY Daily News)
Luckily for us, Jorge is on the right track and his son Jorge has what appears to be a successful surgery. But back to Laura for a moment. In my little world, that note from Laura was touching and from all of us here at BYB, thank you.

And it doesn’t end there, Thanks to all of you as well! Thank you for reading BYB & thank you for retweeting us. Thank you for supporting us. It’s not every day that you get a note from Laura Posada. Lord knows we appreciate it and it’s because of all of you that our post even reached her. It must mean we’re doing something right. So, all we can do is keep moving forward. We’ll try and squash the haters and keep providing good stuff for all of you, the readers, and the BYB family that we all appreciate so much.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. Great Article. You reach more people than you realize.... Just because they don't comment, doens't mean they don't read.... Hooah!!!! You guys are great..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017