Friday, June 24, 2011

WHY I KNOW WHEN JETER HITS 3000

Don’t write off Derek Jeter yet. Yes, he is rehabbing down in Tampa, but there has been no real progress with the calf injury healing, according to the New York Daily News. That story is slightly changing alittle with what the Star Ledger is reporting though. According to them, Joe Girardi thinks that Jeter could be back next Tuesday or Wednesday. Either way, No one really has an answer. It's really just a day by day thing at this point. It’s discouraging because we all want the Captain back, but let’s face facts; Mr. Jeter is older and it takes time.

I remember playing softball a few years ago and blowing out both quads in one shot. Let’s just say I’m not a professional ballplayer so when it happened, my legs turned into rubber bands as I was making my way around second. I was out by the way. That injury took me almost 2 1/2 months to heal. Jeter’s got a calf injury and he’s a pro athlete, so they are rehabbing him and I suspect his rehab will take 3 weeks just to make sure he’s pain free and he can run. He's been out since June 13th. Today is June 24th. So, based on reports from the Daily News and the Star Ledger, we have some information coming out of Tampa, but not the real question that everyone REALLY wants to ask...when will he hit his 3000th? Just stop that nonsense already, being healthy is more important than hitting 3000. Isn't it?

But, now that we’re beating a dead horse, I actually do know when he'll hit 3000. I can pinpoint Jeter’s big game. Why? Because I am the long lost cousin of David Copperfield and I can predict the future and even make Fenway disappear (Statue of Liberty disappearing is HERE). Hold on… let me look into my crystal ball…. Ok…. Hold on a second, I need to plug it in… ok, here it comes…

Derek Sanderson Jeter will hit his 3000th on July 15th. Ok? It will not be at Yankee Stadium. It will be a night game against the Blue Jays. It will be in Toronto. Now, if I’m right, it would be a pretty good guess, but if I’m wrong, it goes back to my point… NO ONE KNOWS.

What are we all getting worked up about anyway? Derek is rehabbing and we have Eduardo Nunez in the shortstop slot in the meantime. We will be ok for the next few weeks without him, and besides, consider this extra time for Nunez to stop making errors and start playing good, smart baseball.

Plus, the best part of this whole thing is Jeter’s love for his team. Once again, the Daily News has the story from Cashman’s mouth: “I think he’s frustrated he can’t help the team win.” In other words, who cares abuot 3000, Jeet wants to get out there and be Jeet again. That’s leadership and that’s what a Captain does.

If there were negative reports coming out of Tampa, I’d be worried, but I’m not, he’s in good hands and it's a slow process. Let’s face it, Jeter's not going to rush back, be stupid and reinjure himself again. Let him take his time and he'll be back soon and when he gets back and hits 3000, it will be glorious. After all, he's our Captain, and we need him healthy to lead us... don't we?


By the way, check out the latest comedy from Bronx Goblin, HERE and HERE.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think he will even be back by July 15th, I look for a August 15 return #3000 will happen on Aug 25th Home vs Oakland

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure, why not. that would be ideal. I would bet the Yanks will plan it for the stadium anyway. i was merely making a point that no one can truly predict. it's all silly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017