Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WHY THE WHEELS FELL OFF

Not every game should be played like the World Series and I say that because the handling of our pitching tonight needs to be examined as well as the Yankees runners in scoring position.

But pitching first. When Michael Kay showed the pitchers available and Ayala and Joba were the only guys available and Buddy Carlyle was pitching, many things went through my mind. Could AJ have gone longer? Could Robertson and Logan pitched more? Should Joba had come in? Yes, you play to win, but Joe Girardi changes pitchers like he changes wet socks, too often. The other thing that was awful was giving up too many walks. Come on guys.The other thing that really really bothered me was seeing the Royals making the most out of there few hits tonight while the Yankees did not score nearly enough with their many hits. The Yankees had many opportunities and didn't deliver. Baseball fundamentals say that if you put men on base, you hit them home. My kid's Little League teaches that. I just expected more, that's all.
(photo: Getty)

Now, on the bright side, Curtis Granderson is hot as hell. I keep saying it because I don't know what else to say. He's got to feel great and I am so happy he's comfortable and confident in the Bronx. He deserves this success he's having right now. It's terrific for him and for the team. His homerun early and his hit late to tie it up at 3. At that point I thought, maybe pie was coming, but I was wrong and so were many of us.

Other highlights: ... nothing. Bad night. That's it.

Final Score tonight: Royals 4 - Yankees 3

Missed opportunities tonight. Not a good scene. Thanks Grandy for playing your heart out. I wish the other guys could contribute. Tomorrow we come back and take the Series guys...that's baseball.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017