Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WHY THAT'S NOT WHAT I EXPECTED

What the hell happened to CC Monster tonight? He lost and Brad Penny won and if you looked at that matchup at 6pm, you probably put $100 bucks on CC. Surprising. CC looked labored and not comfortable tonight. I could be wrong, but it didn't look good and you could see it early.

There's no mistake, the Yankees had plenty of chances to score and they blew it. There were many missed opportunities and they made Brad Penny look like a rock star out there. Now that I think about it, the whole team looked like they partied way too long last night. Bad swings, baserunning mistakes and just a lack of getting runs knocked in.

Look, there is something to be said about playing a team and playing hard and losing. It didn't feel good from the get go. Now, I'm not suggesting the Yankees didn't play hard, but it's clear to me that CC sets the tone out there tonight and if there's a whiff of struggle, I think the whole smelled it. The Yanks had quite a few innings of baserunners and no scored runs, so yes, the struggles ripped though the whole team tonight. (photo: Getty)
Trying to win games is one thing, but playing catchup is another and while Valverde caved last night and Swish looked like our champ, that Valverde meltdown is not going to happen every night. Opportunities were there and our Yankees weren't...bottom line.

1 highlight for me tonight, and it's an odd one. It was in the bottom of the 1st inning. Andruw Jones threw home to try and get the Tigers' runner from 3rd on a sac fly. Now, while the run scored, I was overly impressed by the strength of Andruw Jones arm. Yeah... that's my highlight...that's it. Nothing more to offer. Seriously, it was an off night and a lousy loss. The best part of tonight is we can win the rubber match tomorrow and take the series. To me, that's gold.

Final score tonight: Tigers 4 - Yankees 2. Let's go Yankees! Win tomorrow.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017