Monday, March 7, 2011

WHY THERE'S MUCH IMPROVEMENT

"My mind's clear, I'm not thinking about this and that anymore."
-- AJ Burnett
Alert!! Alert!! Someone call the papers! Huge story coming out of Florida today! Prepare an awards ceremony for Larry Rothschild! AJ Burnett was perfect today for 3 innings against the the Phillies.

Silly right? Yes, it's true this doesn't count, but for AJ Burnett, every step in the right direction counts, and every fan knows that. So yes, in our little world or thriving and failure in baseball, this was definitely thriving, and it could develop into much much more, especially if you're a happy AJ Burnett.

Fan worry is a funny thing, isn't it? All this talk and concern all winter, me included, about AJ Burnett not going to be able to kick his bad habits and mind games just kept manifesting into it's own huge story. Next thing we knew, AJ couldn't pitch anymore. We all covered it, even BYB. Now, in fairness, I did mention what needed to be done and I was rooting for the guy, hard.
The Pyramid of Pitching Dominance is what I said. Remember that? Whatever Roth is doing right now, he's a genius, it's working.

Look, it's spring, you can't get super excited, it's way too early, but I think the goal here is to know that Burnett's figured out what works for him and hopefully he will Steamroll through until he gets into a rythmn in 2011.

One thing's for sure, I like what I see, and I know AJ is feeling good because his body language says so.

The Pyramind of Pitching Dominance is in the works Ladies and Gentlemen, it's exciting, and I'm excited for AJ. But let's face it, we all should be excited.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017