Friday, March 4, 2011

WHY IT'S ABOUT TO GET UGLY

“I didn’t think I was going [to New York] after it was clear they were going after Cliff Lee...I wasn’t setting my sights on New York anymore. If we came to an agreement with Boston I knew I was going to sign. I wasn’t going to wait around for anybody else.” --Carl Crawford

OK, Look Carl Crawford is a great athlete, but how many times are you going to tell the media that it was CLEAR TO YOU the Yankees were going after Cliff Lee. You have to have an ego the size of Joba to be so self-centered to think that the Yankees should have "went after you" over a pitcher we desperately wanted. And for the record, who cares Carl, You a Red Sox now, even if you were a nice guy, you're the enemy. See you in 7 years, or whatever the hell your outrageous contract ends. Bottom line, the Yankees missed out on Lee at the July 31st deadline and they were not going to miss out again so they pulled out all the stops to get Cliff Lee. At the end of the day, we didn't, but we tried. And not only did we try, we tried hard. So get over it Carl, we met with you but never offered you a contract. Next time pick up a newspaper and read about something else other than about yourself. Maybe then you'd know the Yankees situation. But hey, we wish you well.

How's that rant to start off the first Yankee Red Sox game tonight. I don't care that it's Spring, I care that we win. Not tie, not lose, win.

Ever since Carl Crawford signed with the Red Sox, he's annoyed me and I'm hoping he sprains his ankle around the 4th inning after he gets hit by a pitch, or course.

Vegas already has the line and it's a Red Sox Phillies World Series all the way. If that doesn't drive you up a wall, considering we haven't started the season yet, I'm not sure what will.

What I've seen this spring from the Yankees I've liked. They have great young talent, their pitching has looked promising and like I've said many many times, mechanics are falling into place. If there was ever a time to set a tone, it's tonight. A win would be lovely, great pitching against an ugly team will be terrific as well. We just need a good game, no mistakes. Game on bitches... let's see some magic from the pinstripes tonight.

Oh, and by the way, Carl... I'd take Gardy over you any day of the week.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. Veronica from HackensackMarch 4, 2011 at 1:46 PM

    Casey, you are awesome!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017