Sunday, February 27, 2011

WHY THE YANKEES ARE CLASSY

NOTE: This will be the last time I refer to Hank Steinbrenner is reference to his rant earlier this week. It's old, tired and pathetic.The best part of the Hank Steinbrenner's rant earlier in the week is that nobody cared in the clubhouse, only us... and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure we did either. The New York Yankees may have the classiest group of players ever with Derek Jeter leading the pack. I love what he said at Spring Training after the incident occurred:

"I think every time it seems like you don't win, people say that you don't have the hunger . We got beat by a team that was better than us in that series, that was the bottom line. I wouldn't say there was a lack of hunger. I just think we didn't play as well. That's why we lost. But any time teams lose you always hear that."

On Hank specifically he said: "Owners can say anything they want to say, They're owners. They're entitled to their opinion. You don't have to necessarily agree with their opinion but they can say what they want to say. I have no problem with it."

The Yankees never speak out of turn, they have each others backs, and prediction, they'll turn the Hank rant into a motivational tool and move forward. It was stupid anyway. Unfortunately for everyone else, it was a total circus.

I'm not going to lie, I love when Hank speaks. The guy just opens his mouth and everything pours out. Did you ever see Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty and the bees fly out of his mouth? Then you know what I mean. There are always 3 to 8 nuggets to talk about around the water cooler or write about. And we, following our team, feed into it like hungry dogs and bring it to all of you.

It's funny when it happens, but the one thing I notice all the time is the way it's handled, almost like a bunch of kids moving away from the old man farting in the rocking chair. They snicker and laugh, but they get out of there quick and continue their day. You have to love that.

So hopefully, now that the week is over and the first Spring Training game's under our belt, The Yankees will have cleared their minds of chaos and are focusing on baseball and a new season, and maybe just maybe, the old man in the rocking chair will stop farting, or at least do it less.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017