Monday, January 10, 2011

WHY MOVES ARE ABOUT TO BE MADE

Is Andruw Jones the guy the Yankees have been looking for? The word from our buddy Jon Heyman is that the Yankees are in pursuit of a big bat and fourth outfielder and Andruw Jones fills that role and the Yankees want him BADLY. Let’s not forget, Andruw Jones is only 33 years old. When he was with the White Sox last year, he still had some pop hitting 19 home runs. The best part is what he does to lefties pitching. He has an .863 OPS against lefties in his career, including a .931 mark in 2010. I like that, I like that alot. The only problem is he's not a superstar anymore. I remember him in the beginning with the Braves cranking out home runs against the Yankees in the World Series. He had over 400 home runs to this day, but age brings a slow down and Andruw is in fact slowing down. That being said, for a fourth outfielder and pop, I'll welcome Andruw Jones.

It will be interesting to see just how close the 2 sides are. I know the Yanks have always liked Andruw, just like they do anyone who does damage to the Yanks, but the truth of the matter is, this could very well be a good fit. The only issue, which I have voiced a few times is Andruw's agent, Scott Boros. Now, I'm not fond of Boros and the Yankees just need to be careful when they start talking numbers. What they don't want is a lengthy contract for a broken down player, but they know stuff better than me. They are the baseball men, I'm the one on my computer in the basement acting like I know everything. And on that note, let me say this,

This morning I posted WHY THOME SHOULD BE A YANKEE. Yes it’s true, I expressed my excitement for Jim Thome and having him in our lineup. While it makes sense in my head, it was smartly disputed by lenNY’s Yankees who brilliantly wrote this:




Well, it doesn’t happen to me often, but he’s right. Unless Thome wants to work for cheap and ride the bench, he’s not coming to the Bronx. The word is Thome wants $8 million. The Yankees won't pay that for a bench rider and part time DH. Plus, the word is the Rangers are looking at him. If Thome DOES want $8 million and the Rangers are paying, well, they can have him.


So where are we? Back where we started I guess, I'm just itching for the Yanks to make a move. I like the rumor of Andruw Jones, I’d like him our lineup and yes, I like my theory of Jim Thome cracking baseballs into the “Thome Town” right field stands at Yankee Stadium, but that’s why this is the offseason. Rumors, “reports” and bogus stories are flying high. Once again, the Yankee fans are waiting for something, ANYTHING, that they can celebrate. Let’s hope it’s soon.


Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017