Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WHY I ADMIRE SWISHER'S POPULARITY

It's been a slow offseason. Damn it's been real slow. At this moment, this is what we know:
  • Rafael Soriano is about to be introducted officially as a New York Yankee. Love it.

  • Russell Martin insists he'll be "Yankee ready" and his "distractions" are behind him. Good, now shave.

  • Maybe, just maybe Andruw Jones becomes a New York Yankee today. I hope so.

That being said, it's still slow so at this moment, I must confess my obsession with Nick Swisher. Let's not get crazy, I'm not obsessed with the man himself, I'm obsessed with the fan following for this guy. WE WANT NICK SWISHER TO HOST SNL is all over Facebook. It's amazing, tons of fans love the guy. Swish has the biggest Yankee personality since Reggie Jackson. He's electric. It would be awesome to see him on SNL. I'm blown away the so man people agree. Because of the fan base, I see it happening, right around April or May. All those fans can't be wrong.

And if that's not enough, now I'm reading about a Swish Twitter contest. It says: The first fan that gets Nick Swisher to tweet or respond to a tweet about the Nick Swisher Fan Page gets a free Yankees or Swisher necklace from Spotlight Jewels. Just go to WE WANT NICK SWISHER TO HOST SNL for details. Are you serious? Sounds silly but it's a real contest. Plus, if you're on Twitter, and I am @BleednYankeeBlu, you know @Nickswisher is always on it. So it makes sense. I just can't believe there's so much love for Swish on the net. The dude is Elvis of the Bronx. There are plenty of Yankee players to love. Many love Jeter, Gardy, people may even love AJ. Hell, I've written these upon request:


WHY WE LOVE TEX

WHY WE LOVE GRANDY

WHY WE LOVE CC MONSTER

And more will follow. But my question is why is Swisher so damn popular? It's wild. I must confess, I wrote WHY WE LOVE SWISH too. You can't escape it. Anyway, I just needed to tell you about it. It's crazy to me. Enjoy Bleeding Yankee Blue. Tell a friend, tell your mother...tell somebody.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017