Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WHY BONDERMAN ISN'T THE ANSWER


I know, I know, I've been blabbing about pitching help for months. Then MLB Trade Rumors comes out with a report that suggests the Yanks is looking at Jeremy Bonderman.


First I thought "OK, they are actually looking around. Good."

Then, before bed I thought "He could be a good piece to the rotation puzzle. I think."

Then I woke up and realized it wasn't 2006. Jeremy Bonderman is a terrible idea.


Back when the Yanks and Tigers duked it out in the playoffs, I liked what I saw from Bonderman. In fact from 2004 to 2006, Jeremy Bonderman was a dominant pitcher. But he hasn't pitched well the last few years. After the 2006 season he had some elbow problems and a major surgery and he's never been the same pitcher. Then I thought about something else, wasn't Jeremy Bonderman the guy who in July started telling people he was thinking about retiring? Yes, Retiring. HERE IT IS... Read it. OK, So let me get this straight, Cashman's looking at low risk pitchers. Okay, I'm following you so far Cash. But so far all of which have had past injuries, past surgeries and Bonderman has both and tack on retirement talk? Wow. And we want him?


Yes, Bonderman's only 28, and yes, pitchers can become dominant again. True. But this guy doesn't fit the Yankee mold unless Cash know something we don't. I think I'd rather see Bartolo Colon in the 4th spot of the rotation. That's right, you heard me. And I'm liking Freddy Garcia a whole lot more now.


I know the Yanks will be making a few moves before pitchers and catchers to better our ball club, and I'm happy about that. Yes, I know a pitcher is coming, otherwise, we wouldn't be seeing all this rumor talk, but the question is, who fits that Yankee mold? Stay tuned.


Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017