Friday, December 3, 2010

WHY AN UPGRADE IS IMMINENT

The Yankees are “very much engaged in discussions” with Carl Crawford, though it’s unclear if they’re looking at him in combination with Cliff Lee, or as an alternative to the lefty. this coming from ESPN's Buster Olney.

I'm telling you, in my piece titled WHY IT ALL GOES BACK TO SWISH, I told you that I've heard more than a few times that Swisher was on the trading block and it would mean 1 thing... the Yankees are talking to Crawford. I knew something didn't sit right. Look, you know where I stand on Swisher, and Crawford, let's face it, is awesome.
Look at these numbers:
  • 47 Stolen bases in 2010, 409 Overall

  • Career .296 Batting Average

  • .851 OPS in 2010

  • 2010 Gold Glove

  • 1st in triples in 2010 with 13.

Neat numbers. I like it, but again, there's something about Swisher's energy that offers the clubhouse some looseness. Whatever the Yankees do with this info, I'm for it. I want a Championship like everyone else. More to follow...

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017