Thursday, December 2, 2010

WHY IT ALL GOES BACK TO SWISH

A lot of trade talk, free agent talk, Jeet talk and Lee talk. And just when you thought we were done talking about the Greinke talk, well... there's Greinke talk again. More specifically, there is alot of talk about trade packages for Greinke... and it's about to heat up.

Look, Rumors this winter have been wrong 80% of the time. First I heard the Yanks had made a $140 million offer to Lee... then, it was not true. Then Nolan Ryans tried to woo Pettitte... Maybe. Or maybe not.

It's the world of blogging and trying to get the story first on the cyber. I have news for you though and it's important I get it off my chest... NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING. Jon Heyman from SI has had some really great tweets. He's had plenty of bad ones too. You can't fault the guy, he's great at what he does, he's just trying to get the story like everyone else. We all have sources and Bleeding Yankee Blue probably have the fewest, but the ones that I do have are currently knee deep in Greinke and Jeet talk and they're hearing all sorts of wacky things.

Jeter Front: Derek Jeter will probably make between $55 and 60 million for between 3 and 4 years. It will be wrapped up by the weekend, according to my guys. But only if everything continues to go as smooth as it has since this Tuesday after their meeting in Tampa where everything was "positive." Once that's done the Yankees and die-hard Jeter fans can breath a sigh of relief.

Greinke Front: 2 things I'm hearing about this Greinke thing.
  1. Zack wants to be part of a winning team, yet he doesn't want to come to New York. So which is it? I don't have that nailed down yet. I'll get back to you.
  2. This is more disturbing because I'm a Swisher fan. I'm hearing trade scenerios with Swisher's name attached to at least 1 of them. - - Greinke for Swisher and minor league pitching. - - Greinke for Gardner, minor league pitching and player to be named. - - And the 3rd one is Greinke for Jesus Montero. Wait... Wasn't Jesus Montero going to be taking over catching duties for the New York Yankees next year? WOW.

I don't like Swisher in any trade package, unless we're getting Swisher in return. Ha Ha. Seriously, My only thinking is if Swisher's name is on the block, the Yankees are looking hard at immediately replacing him with Carl Crawford, an obvious upgrade I understand, but Swish is the man and I'm not going to lie, many of us are attached.

And now for my shamess plug: Join WE WANT NICK SWISHER TO HOST SNL. The dude has a following, there's no denying his popularity. I'm amazed by it.

I know, it's all about winning, and unloading Swish for young great pitching is a good idea, but players like Swisher are a special type player. The energy he provides in the clubhouse is awesome. He hits for power and does what he can in the field. He's Swisher, leave him alone Cash.

If I get more info for my guys, I'll fill you in, but something's about to happen and let's hope it doesn't include Swisher.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017