Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WHY CANO SHOULD WIN MVP, BUT WON'T

Look, I'm not fooling anyone sitting here writing that Robinson Cano is going to be the MVP of 2010. In my opinion, he is... just like I said CC should have gotten the CY Young. He should have. Again, not a slam on King Felix, because if Felix had CC's numbers and vice versa this year, I'd say it was all Felix. That being said, Cano deserves the award, but he won't get it, here's why:

The sports world loves their little darling Josh Hamilton. His story is about bravery and resilience. It's "the comeback". Incredible prospect for the Rays, falls on drug addicted hard times, found in a crack house and is eventually steered back toward baseball. Comes back with the Cincinnati Reds and eventually winds up in Texas where he does what everybody said he would do... be Mickey Mantle. If Hamilton's healthy, he would became "The Natural." I have a hard time ignoring that. I do. Plus:
  1. Hamilton won the AL batting title this year with a .359 average, he hit 32 dingers an drove in 100 runs... and he was hurt part of the season. The unmbers are there.
  2. Plus, also breathing down Robinson Cano's neck is Miguel Cabrera. His number's cannot be overlooked either. 38 home runs, .328 batting average and led the league with 126 RBI's. Kind of a big deal.
Robbie looked amazing this year, he was hot all year and even had "hotter" moments. He's become a leader after Melky went to Atlanta and stopped distracting him. Plus, you have to give A-Rod alittle credit for his alleged "talk" with Robbie. Cano was focussed and he had fun.

Listen, Robbie's numbers are great: .319 Average, 29 Home Runs, 109 RBI's, OPS .914. The numbers are terrific, but after everything I just told you, and given the track record that the voters have this season, is there any reason they will give it to Cano? No. I doubt it. So because of this, because I'm being negative today, because I don't think Cano will be rewarded by the voters and receive the AL MVP award, I'm awarding Robinson Cano with the BYB's newly named award... Congratulations to Robinson Cano for the first ever, "BLEEDING BLUE YANKEE OF 2010."

Stay tuned for my react to the AL MVP award announcement later today.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017