Monday, April 1, 2024

YANKEES SWEEP OUT THE TRASH!



What a great ending to a Easter holiday weekend! A three-game sweep is hard enough, but we just watched the Yankees sweep a four-game series against the team I hate the most. Now I want to see this team stay hungry and carry that into Arizona.

It's a small sample size, but the Yankees are doing better than I thought they would. Last year the Yankees would be lucky to split a four-game series....and I do mean lucky. Maybe this team is hungrier than I thought. Maybe the ASSTROS are struggling with their new identity. Let's face it, Dusty Baker was an energizer to that team... and now he's gone.


Meantime, the Yankees have a new spark. We all knew Juan Soto was going to add steady offense that this team was lacking, but he exceeded almost everyone's expectations with his 9-for-17 in the series, a double, home run, four RBIs and three walks and add in two game winning hits. Aaron Judge was a cool 2-for-16 in the series, but he started similarly in 2022 and he still finished with an American League record of 62 home runs. I am imagining what it looks like if Soto and Judge go on an offensive run at the same time.

It's no secret, I HATE the ASSTROS and their owner Jim Crane. I think they are the dirtiest team in baseball and their returning cheaters Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman and Justin Verlander are disgraceful lowlifes. We've owed the ASSTROS a punch in the face for a long time. We gave them four in a row, and now I hope Verlander is healthy when we play them at home in May so we can smack him around, too. That would make this even sweeter for me.

I'm trying not to get overly excited here, because I know we just barely got started but I am liking what I see so far. The Yankees are headed to Arizona, and I will be at Tuesday's game, so I hope they bring this momentum with them, and sucker punch the Diamondbacks also. Last time they came here, we didn't play well and my husband who supports the Diamondbacks for his NL team wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

Don't let me down boys!


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017