Tuesday, February 7, 2023

THE YANKEES SIGN HAMILTON!

Do you know Ian Hamilton? Cause I barely do.


Just a quick note. The Yankees have signed a righty pitcher with a ton of upside in Ian Hamilton.  

MLB Trade Rumors writes:

"Hamilton will presumably be invited to participate in major league Spring Training.

Hamilton, 28 in June, has 15 scattered major league appearances, with 10 of those coming in 2018, four in 2020 and one last year. He has a 4.91 ERA over 14 2/3 innings in that time, striking out 14.1% of hitters while walking 12.5% of them and posting a 39.1% ground ball rate."

I know what you're thinking... What's the point? Well, sometimes the Yankees find lightening in a bottle. I can count the times it's happened. Aaron Small, Shawn Chacon in 2005. I would even suggest a guy like Clay Holmes to some extent. I didn't have much faith in that guy when he came over, but he proved himself and really showed new life.

My point is, we can be down on a guy like Ian Hamilton all we want, but you never know what dudes can do and I have faith.  

Anyway, short post, but newsworthy.

Happy Tuesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017