Friday, December 21, 2018

YANKEES SCOUTING TULOWITZKI


Many of you hate the idea of Troy Tulowitzki in pinstripes.  The point my son was making to me over a week ago was that the Yankees have this idea in the back of their head to go cheap, still have some stability and veteran status in the shortstop spot, and then when Didi comes back, we figure it out.  With Manny Machado in the mix, he says... you have a log jam of a hefty contract for a lot of years, and then confusion when Didi returns, and concern about flipping Miguel Andujar, a beloved Yankee to many of us fans. And you know what? It makes perfect sense.  My son will be an agent or GM if he's not a ballplayer... you mark my words.

Tim Brown wrote this about the Yankees scouting Tulowitzki…


"By late Tuesday morning, a half-dozen or so teams had told or hinted to Troy Tulowitzki that he could be their next shortstop or third baseman or second baseman, the non-binding smiles and shoulder claps representing about half of those who showed up to watch the former All-Star and sudden free agent at Blair Field near Long Beach State. He has not played since July 2017, that due to injuries, the list of those long, the most recent being bone spurs in both heels. 

The Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, San Diego Padres, Los Angeles Angels, San Francisco Giants, Chicago White Sox, Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies, Detroit Tigers, Pittsburgh Pirates and others came for a look at Tulo. General manager types Billy Eppler (Angels) and Farhan Zaidi (Giants) attended, as did Giants manager Bruce Bochy, who hitched a ride from San Diego with Tigers special assistant Alan Trammell

'I think I needed to get myself right, mentally and physically,' Tulowitzki said. 'I took a year off to get myself right. I’m looking forward to playing the game I love.'”


Look, there's no way of knowing for sure if the Yankees will go for a signing of Troy, but I can tell you that it's definitely a possibility at this point.

As the aftermath of the Yanks-Machado meeting are revealed... a lot will be discussed over the next few days.  I really wonder how this will unfold. I love this time of year.


Be Read. Get Known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017