Monday, October 29, 2018

EXCLUSIVE: YANKS "NOT JAZZED" ABOUT MACHADO

Photo: Los Angeles Times
You know how I hate speculation, but I actually do have a tiny, tiny... (did I mention tiny?) piece of information involving Manny Machado and the New York Yankees. Take it for what it's worth...and it's probably not worth much.

You know I have a "source" inside the Yankees hot box, and while it's way too early and while this may not be a ton of legitimate info, it's still a piece that I haven't heard anywhere else "officially".  The Yankees are quote "not jazzed" about Manny Machado "since the World Series".  That comes from my guy on the inside and that makes a ton of sense considering some of the antics he pulled during the playoffs.

Photo: USA Today Sports
It's being suggested by my source who spoke to a person who does not want to be named that while Manny is a talented player, the New York Yankees worry is he's more of a selfish player... "not Yankee material".  the word selfish is not his word, but instead my interpretation of what was relayed to me. The words in quotes are direct.

Now look, this is just interesting if anything else.  We saw Manny do some pretty immature things on the field down the stretch, and while I would like to see Manny play in New York ( I really do), I believe that some of the stunts he pulled in the World Series for instance aren't exactly the Yankee way.

Stepping the heel of Steven Pearce running to first base a few nights ago... while it could have easily been a mistake or a 'misfooting' on the first base bag, it still looked bad.  Secondly, remember when he kicked Jesus Aguilar of the Brewers during that series?

All these little incidents look like something you do when you are frustrated, and, of course, when you're coming down the first base line and you want to let loose alittle, the first baseman is the only one there, right?

Photo: OC Register
I like Manny the ballplayer, but I don't like Manny the dirty ballplayer. I don't like dirty and I don't like desperate. Manny has enough talent to let THAT do the talking. Why does he need to play dirty and why do little incidents like this keep happening? Seems like a pattern of a player that wants his way.

But look, the point of this post is to let you know that I have a tidbit, and hey, it may mean absolutely nothing. But it's damn interesting.


Do I see Manny Machado coming to the Yankees? I do.  I think that it is someone we can have at short if Didi Gregorius is out after Tommy John, or at third if we want to have a more veteran player there in place of a Miguel Andiujar.  But long term? I'm not sure that's the play when it comes to Manny Machado. I would hate to pay big money and attach a long term to him. Couple that with his antics down the stretch this season, the way he seems to treat the opposing team and his immaturity... I just don't know what to make of it.  I think if the Yankees did take a chance on him they would hope that his happiness of being a Yankee would allow that immaturity and lack of hustle to go away. But you just don't know if that will happen until he's in the Bronx and to be honest it's a roll of the dice.  Now I'm just rambling...

Hey, we will have to see. That being said, I always vowed I'd bring you nuggets when I get them... and I got one. Take it or leave it... it's pretty interesting though.

Carry on...


Shop BYB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017