Saturday, September 1, 2018

THOSE HENSLEY BOYS ARE WINNERS

Photo Credit: Marci Hensley /Facebook
You know my relationship with this family and how much I love and appreciate the Hensleys.  They are good, solid people.  Marci and Mike raised their kids right.  They are fighters, warriors, determined.  I love that. Talking to Marci on and off over the years I have used that parenting model when raising my own kids.  Teaching about tough breaks, but still keeping a positive spin on it. Using loss as fuel... turning it around and staying focused on the goal.  And through it all... never... EVER giving up on what you want out of life.  In the end, it's about being your best you.


Ty Hensley got the win last night for the Evansville Otters and now they are one win away to clinching a playoff berth for their League out there.

14 News writes:


"The Evansville Otters are now just one win away from a third consecutive postseason berth after the Otters cruised to an 8-3 victory over the Normal CornBelters on Friday night at the Corn Crib... Ty Hensley gets the win, his second on the season for Evansville. Hensley went a career-high six innings, allowing two runs on six hits and four walks while striking out six."

As I've always said when it comes with this kid... baby steps.  Sure, he may not be a Yankee, he may no longer be with the Rays.  But what he is is in love with the game and nothing will keep him down.  I tip my cap to this kid who is still following his dream after all he's been through.

Photo: Honolulu Star-Advertiser
And speaking of that, what about JR Hensley? Ty's brother. A big time player and now Captain for the his football team at U of Hawaii.




You remember Jake right? We wrote about him on BYB. This kid is leading the Warriors in his college career, but don't get it twisted, there is a very humble side of Jake and that's why I love these kids.  He says "Everybody's gotta be captain".  Yes, in name he is, but if you rally the troops right, that entire team works together... and wins together.

Anyway... I know, I'm gushing like their my own kids.  It's crazy to think about it, but I've known this family now since Ty was the Yankees first round pick in 2012.  It's been a long time. Since then we have done countless articles about Ty and the Jake... (Read NEW TY HENSLEY INTERVIEW: CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN and CHASING DREAMS: INTERVIEW WITH JR HENSLEY)

They are good kids. They have a great family... they have dreams.  You can't help but root for these boys. They're winners.

I tip my cap to the Hensleys.

Never give up... don't ever give up!

35% OFF at the End of Summer Sale at SteinerSports.com! Use code LDW18 to save on thousands of eligible items through midnight Monday, 9/3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017