Tuesday, March 6, 2018

I LOVE THAT ICHIRO IS STILL PLAYING


I think this guy could play into his 50's... like a Minnie Minoso or something. 

Photo: SI.com
He's that talented.

Just last week I saw that great video of Ichiro crushing pitches still looking for a team to play with.

You just knew that seeing him show off he'd be signed sooner or later... and he was. Seattle snagged him and what a great idea.

MLB.com writes:

(David Zalubowski / AP)
"The Mariners are reaching into their past to bring back one of their franchise greats, as a source has confirmed to MLB.com that Ichiro Suzuki will return to his former team if he passes a physical on Monday afternoon in Seattle.

The deal would be a Major League contract, according to ESPN.com, which means the Mariners would have to make a move to open a spot on their 40-man roster. "


Nice right?  Now don't forget that back in 2012, I ran a piece here on BYB that stated that I had a dream, and my dream was the have Ichiro on the Yankees. And... my gut was right.

I wrote the article on July 22, 2012. It was called ICHIRO TO THE YANKS IS MY PIPE DREAM. On July 24th, he became a Yankee.  Thank God for a Yankee fan like me. Ichiro is one of my favorite players and it's because of his discipline most of all that I love about the man.

Keep going Ichiro. You are the man.


Mike O'Hara's New Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017