Wednesday, February 8, 2017

SANCHEZ PULLS OUT OF THE WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC

(Sept. 9, 2016 - Source: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images North America)    
While I like the idea of having our guys represented in the World Baseball Classic, I always worry about injury. Gary Sanchez was going to be in the WBC...and trust me, it was in the back of my mind... after all, this could be a huge year for him on the Yankees.  Now though, he's pulled out...

The New York Post writes:

(Sept. 8, 2016 - Source: Rich Schultz/Getty Images North America)
"'I actually said yes initially,' Sanchez said, through an interpreter at the Thurman Munson Awards to benefit the AHRC New York City Foundation in Midtown. 'I was going to be on the team. This last week, I spoke to my family, and the more I thought about it, the more I felt I had to be in spring training for the full spring training to get ready for the season.'

Sanchez added, 'I’ve only been in the big leagues for two months, and I know it went well, but there’s still a lot I have to do preparation-wise to be able to catch for a whole season for the first time.'”

I love this kid.  Smart and thinking about the team first.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017