Sunday, September 13, 2015

FLIRTING WITH DISASTER


The Yankees won today but it took 4 games against the Blue Jays to do that.  I worry about our future.  I was at a Little League game today and I overheard a bunch of dudes talking about the Yankees.  It went something like this:

Guy #1: "Yeah, as long as they get the Wild Card, they'll win the whole thing."

Guy #2:"What the hell are you talking about? They are sputtering into the end of the season. What makes you think they can actually win in a short series?"

Guy #1: "Come on man, you gotta be kidding me. That's a whole new season."

Guy #2: "Season, smeason.  What a bunch of crap."

Here's the reality.  I'm with Guy #2.  I don't like stumbling into the playoffs. I like coming in like a lion.  I like momentum. I like confidence.  I don't need that kind of pressure as a fan.  We lost 3 games against the Blue Jays before we won today.  You wanna talk about a short series? A short season? Well, if this was it... we lost already.  See what I mean?


The Yankees won today... but the Yankees need to keep winning. No excuses now. No bullshit.

Masahiro Tanaka knew what was needed today... and came up huge.  He went 7 innings giving up 4 hits and 0 runs. It was a major performance.  The rest of the Yankee pen did not let up another run.

The run scoring went like this:


In the 2nd, Dustin Ackley sacrificed home Brian McCann.  Then Didi Gregorius sacrificed home ARod.  In the 4th Ackley homered. It was a 2 run shot.


Then, in the8th, ARod doubled driving in another run.

Those are your 5.  The Yankees win. But, let me ask you a question.  Can the Yankees get to the playoffs?  I'm serious when I ask this... I am not sure they can.

Final: Yankees 5 - Blue Jays 0

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store! Follow me on Twitter@BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017